Spirit of North and South India (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Cultural riches, historic gems, and breathtaking natural wonders beyond your wildest dreams are all captured in this itinerary. From the desert forts of Rajasthan to the ancient cave temples of Mumbai, travel in complete comfort, stay in five-star hotels and enjoy the best cuisine India has to offer. During your travels you will visit the beautiful Taj Mahal at dawn, interact with local farmers and fishermen on the island village of Vaikom and savour the tropical beauty of the Kerala backwaters as you cruise by traditional houseboat. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Vaikom Village: Gain insight into life at the village and try your hand at weaving with wild pineapple leaves or coconut husks, before sharing lunch at a local's home.
- Mumbai: Showcasing the best of Indian cuisine, enjoy your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner in the nation's largest city, the perfect environment to celebrate your time in India.
- Delhi: Enjoy a taste of Jalebi, the favourite sweet and learn about its production from the one of the best candy wallahs in Old Delhi.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Baradari Restaurant in the City Palace.
- Kochi: Meet Nimmy, a local cooking instructor, who will demonstrate traditional Kerala home recipes. Then feast on some of the delicious treats you've seen being made during your Highlight Lunch.
- Kumarakom: Rise early for a fascinating bird watching experience at the Bird Sanctuary.
- Vaikom Village: Guided by boat, explore the narrow canals of one of the oldest townships in Kerela and with many spots untouched by modernity.
- Alleppey: Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey on a deluxe houseboat, journeying through waterways and past traditional villages.
- Mumbai: Cruise to Elephanta Island, the glorious abode of Lord Shiva and visit the complex of ancient cave temples.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets.
- Agra: Inside Agra's red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and delights in the smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Kochi: Attend a performance of traditional Kathakali dance.
- Agra: The Trident is the perfect base to experience this city steeped in history. The hotel features tastefully appointed rooms which overlook the central courtyard and gardens and offers a superb range of facilities.
- Ranthambore: Situated on the foothills of the spectacular Aravalli Range and walking distance from the famous Ranthambore National Park, the Nahargarh Ranthambhore boasts a sprawling Mughal-style garden and three outdoor swimming pools.
- Jaipur: Located close to the famous Amber Fort, the Trident offers stunning views of the Mansagar lake and Jal Mahal. The rooms are tastefully appointed and offer all the modern amenities.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (256) 413-0701 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867539
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Your Escorted Journey begins on Day1. Please make sure your flights arrive on or before this day. (Ask about our great deals). Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: Start the day with a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, including the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk market. Stop for a photo at the impressive Red Fort, then visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Explore India's largest mosque, the magnificent Jama Masjid, built by Shah Jahan in 1650. Wander the wide boulevards of New Delhi and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. See Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Agra||An Agra Adventure.: On arrival to Agra, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you are guided through the city to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. Walk through the local market, explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and gardens and before enjoying free time to relax. Later, accompany one of the locals, walking through their village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal and learn about their way of life as an agriculturalist. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Ranthambore||The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.: Admire the lustrous Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn. Later journey to the historic city of Bharatpur and stop for lunch, before continuing to the station for the rail journey to Ranthambore. On arrival, transfer to your luxurious hotel, built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, nestled in the foot hills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 5||Ranthambore||In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.: Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lake palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 6||Jaipur||Jaipur, the Pink City.: In the morning, embark on another exciting adventure to explore the territory of the majestic tiger - every wildlife enthusiast and photographer's dream. After lunch, travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly coloured flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. Visit the famous flower market where girls delicately thread garlands to be used for offerings, then explore the spice market, a place of olfactory wonderment. See the rainbow of colours as you pass giant bags of cardamom, red chillies, cinnamon and so many more. Continue to 1135 AD restaurant for a delicious freshly-prepared Highlight Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Enjoy a unique excursion, as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. Inside, the royal halls are decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors and glass, complemented by exquisite wall paintings. Return to Jaipur to see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. A final stop is made at the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. Venture to Baradari Restaurant at the City Palace for your Celebration Dinner, an evening to remember. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Kochi||Fly to Kochi via Mumbai.: In the morning, board your flight to Mumbai and onto Kochi. On arrival, transfer to your sophisticated hotel offering panoramic views of the backwaters and the city. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Crowne Plaza Kochi.
|Day 9||Kochi||Kochi sightseeing cooking school and Kathakali.: Sightseeing of Kochi shows you the oldest Jewish synagogue in the commonwealth. Next, witness the renowned mythological murals of Mattancherry Palace, built in 1557 by the Portuguese. Stop by India's oldest European-built Church of St. Francis to see the tombstone of Vasco de Gama, interred here before his remains were returned back to Lisbon. Meet Nimmy a local cookery instructor as she demonstrates traditional Kerala home recipes. Then feast on some of the delicious treats during our included lunch. In the evening, you will attend a performance of traditional Kathakali dance. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Crowne Plaza Kochi.
|Day 10||Kumarakom||Kumarakom.: Witness glorious scenery en route to Kumarakom. On arrival, the rest of the day is free to explore at your leisure. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Kumarakom Lake Resort.
|Day 11||Kumarakom and Vaikom Village||Kumarakom and Vaikom Village.: For those who want to rise early in the morning, there is an included bird watching tour at Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Set within lush acres of woodland, become acquainted with the vast variety of migratory birds, that flock to the Himalayas. Return to the hotel for breakfast. Guided by boat, explore the narrow canals of Vaikom village, one of the oldest townships in Kerela and with many spots untouched by modernity. Gain insight into the life at the village and try your skills at weaving from wild pineapple leaves or coconut husks, before sharing lunch at a local's home. This afternoon, why not treat yourself to an Ayurveda treatment at the hotel? (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Kumarakom Lake Resort.
|Day 12||Kumarakom and the Alleppey Backwaters||Kumarakom and the Alleppey Backwaters.: Transfer to the local jetty to board your delux houseboat for a cruise on the backwaters of Alleppey. Journey through waterways that traverse past picturesque villages, fields, rice paddys and rows of swaying coconut palms. Relax, enjoy the tranquil setting and prepare for a luxurious night on-board. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 13||Mumbai||Magical Mumbai.: Disembark your cruise and journey to Kochi for your flight to the vibrant city of Mumbai. Transfer to your hotel where you are at lesiure, perhaps relax and enjoy the comforts of your deluxe hotel. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Trident, Nariman Point (Ocean View Room), Mumbai.
|Day 14||Mumbai||Mumbai Sightseeing.: Enjoy the view of the city skyline on your cruise to Elephanta Island, the glorious abode of Lord Shiva. Visit the complex of ancient cave temples listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The massive entrance hall, supported by large pillars, houses the Mahesamurti, an enormous three-faced statue of Shiva. In the afternoon, your exploration of the city includes visiting the Gateway of India, commemorating the arrival of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911. Admire the collection of Indian paintings and sculptures at the Prince of Wales Museum, visit Jehangir Art Gallery, Crawford Market and see the meticulous Hanging Gardens on top of Malabar Hill. In the evening, raise a glass to your adventures, with your newfound friends during a delightful Celebration Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Trident, Nariman Point (Ocean View Room), Mumbai.
|Day 15||Depart Mumbai||Depart Mumbai.: Your magical journey comes to an end with transfers to Mumbai airport for your onward flights. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Smaller vehicles without 40 seats or on board washrooms may be used. For less than 5 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. The above prices include Internal airfare and are accurate as of 8th August 2017. Visas: Visas are required for this trip. Please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Your Visa for India must be 'Double Entry', as you leave & re-enter India during this trip. Apply for your Nepal Visa prior to starting this trip. Nepal Visa Fee is not included in price and obtaining at the airport is a time consuming process. Indian Festivals: 27 Oct experiences Diwali in Alleppey & Mumbai, 10 Nov experiences Diwali in Delhi, 16 Mar experiences Holi in Ranthambore & Jaipur. Festive Highlight Dinner: 22 Dec departure celebrates Christmas Eve in Agra.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class