Trans-Canadian Grandeur and Via Rail Prestige (Luxury Gold - Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold USA, Canada & South America 2018
A luxurious blend of transport showcases Canada's idyllic landscapes, as you embark on one of the most renowned long-distance journeys in the world. From the vibrant city of Vancouver, you'll set out for the majestic Rocky Mountains before boarding The Canadian for a timeless rail journey through the western prairies and along the lakes of northern Ontario to cosmopolitan Toronto.
Additional Included Highlights
- Vancouver: Explore Chinatown and Gastown, visit the totem poles of Stanley Park and take in the spectacular views of English Bay.
- Victoria: Enjoy an introduction to this sparkling city, including the Inner Harbour, Parliament Buildings and Bastion Square.
- Banff National Park: View Moraine Lake.
- Yoho National Park: The Spiral Tunnels and Natural Bridge.
- Vancouver: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Zagat-rated YEW Seafood + Bar inside the Four Seasons Vancouver.
- Jasper: Join your Travelling Concierge for a lively Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Whistler: Enjoy a delectable dinner with fresh seafood or perfectly grilled steak at Hy's Steakhouse.
- Kelowna: Your resort's reputation for fine food is hard to overlook - join us for a dinner with wine.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a unique collection of Whistler restaurants during your Dine-Around Evening.
- Banff: Experience traditional, regional and contemporary a la carte dining at your choice of the Fairmont's fine restaurants.
- Included Quality Dining: 13 Full Breakfasts (FB) and 7 Dinners all with wine (DW); ON-BOARD THE VIA RAIL'S THE CANADIAN TRAIN: 3 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners (D).
- Jasper: Enjoy a liqueur with friends before roasting s'mores around a bonfire and stargazing.
- Whistler: With your Squamish Lil'wat Ambassador take part in a tea workshop with a master-blender and create your own unique blend.
- Banff: Enjoy a private meeting with a Royal Canadian Mountie to learn about the service and hear his personal stories.
- Vancouver: Rising above Pacific Centre, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver offers award-winning relaxed, urban luxury.
- Jasper: Situated in Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife.
- VIA Rail 'The Canadian': Relax and relish the charms of train-travel with our elegant lounges, spacious seating, and a selection of cosy sleeper cabins.
- Toronto: Fairmont Royal York is located in the center of Downtown Toronto with many award-winning restaurants and is minutes away from Toronto's biggest attractions.
- Victoria: The Grand Pacific Hotel is perched right on the Inner Harbou, close to Victoria's downtown.
- Whistler: The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is a luxurious retreat in alpine meadows.
- Kelowna: Gorgeous Okanagan Lake provides the backdrop for an unforgettable hotel at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort with views of the expansive lake and mountain views, and the Kelowna city skyline.
- Lake Louise: Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel is located in Alberta's Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Banff: Canada's "Castle in the Rockies", the Fairmont Banff Springs, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years.
- Athabasca Glacier: Travel in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the icy slopes.
- Maligne Lake: This irrigation system mystified early French Canadian fur traders. Find out why as you explore Maligne Canyon and enjoy a scenic cruise on Maligne Lake.
- Vancouver: Cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), for a squirrel's eye view.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (256) 413-0701 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867731
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Vibrant Vancouver.: On arrival at Vancouver International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxury hotel in the heart of the city. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Zagat-rated YEW Seafood + Bar. (Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Vancouver
|Day 2||Vancouver||Vancouver, the Most Livable City.: Experience the best of Vancouver during your exclusive sightseeing tour, including historic Gastown, Chinatown, English Bay and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park. History meets the great outdoors at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. (Full Breakfast)|
Four Seasons Vancouver.
|Day 3||Victoria||Victoria - Putting the British into British Columbia.: Board your ferry and relax in the exclusive Seawest Lounge. On arrival, an orientation introduces you to the Inner Harbour, the ornate Parliament Buildings and Bastion Square. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please until your Highlight Dinner with wine at the Canoe Brewpub restaurant, situated on Victoria's beautiful waterfront. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Pacific, Victoria
|Day 4||Victoria||Exploring Victoria.: Begin the day with breakfast served at Butchart Gardens' Blue Poppy Restaurant, and gain access to the grounds before they are open to the general public. You'll have ample time to explore the 55 acres (22 ha) of stunning floral displays, meandering paths and spectacular views, before enjoying the afternoon at leisure in Victoria. (Full Breakfast)|
Grand Pacific, Victoria
|Day 5||Whistler||The Ultimate Resort of Whistler.: Journey across the Strait of Georgia back to the mainland. Drive along one of the most scenic highways - the Sea-to-Sky. On arrival in Whistler, your Local Expert will explain Whistler's history, from its humble resort roots, to its ascendancy onto the world stage as host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. In the evening, dine at Hy's Steakhouse with perfectly grilled steak or local seafood with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Resort Whistler
|Day 6||Whistler||First Nations Culture and History.: In the morning, you will be welcomed by a First Nations Ambassador at the award-winning Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, showcasing First Nations' art history and culture. Next, take part in a one-of-a-kind holistic tea workshop, creating your own tea blend. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Perhaps enjoy flightseeing over British Columbia's vast alpine wilderness? (Full Breakfast)|
Four Seasons Resort Whistler.
|Day 7||Kelowna||The Napa Valley of the North.: Travel into the lush Okanagan Valley region, known for producing fruit and hybrid wines. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, Kelowna
|Day 8||Lake Louise||Lake Louise and Four Exquisite National Parks.: Journey through four of Canada's most breathtaking National Parks: Mount Revelstoke, Glacier, Yoho and Banff with a stop at Emerald Lake. In the afternoon, depart for Moraine Lake before continuing to the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for your stay. For your evening meal, choose one of the resort's four unique dining venues. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
|Day 9||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: Enjoy an engaging talk at Lake Louise before strolling along the lake. Enjoy an orientation of Banff and a ride on-board the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain. Later, you will have a private meet-and-greet with a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. For your dining pleasure, choose from a selection of restaurants. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Banff Springs
|Day 10||Banff National Park||Banff Sights at Leisure.: The day is free to relax. Perhaps take a helicopter tour flying over the Canadian Rockies? (Full Breakfast)|
Fairmont Banff Springs.
|Day 11||Jasper National Park||Along the Icefields Parkway to Jasper National Park.: Journey along the unforgettable Icefields Parkway and witness amazing scenery. Climb on-board a specially designed Ice Explorer for a guided tour of the Athabasca Glacier. In the evening, enjoy a Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine at the hotel before joining your friends for stargazing, complete with a roaring fire, liqueur and s'mores. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
|Days 12-14||The Canadian Via Rail||The Canadian VIA RAIL.: In the morning, embark on a cruise on the iconic Maligne Lake (seasonal) before joining your Travelling Concierge for an informative walk at Maligne Canyon. Gain a unique perspective with a Local Expert on an afternoon scenic float trip down the Athabasca River. Later, bid farewell to your Travelling Concierge to board VIA Rail's The Canadian, one of the world's greatest rail journeys. Settle into your private compartment with private toilet and washbasin (full en-suite available on Prestige Class upgraded rooms). Whilst on-board enjoy comfortable accommodations, delicious meals and impeccable service on-board. (Full Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
VIA Rail The Canadian (Prestige class)
|Day 15||Toronto||Cosmopolitan Toronto.: On arrival into Toronto, you will be met and taken to your stylish hotel in the heart of the city. Note: Your arrival at Toronto Union Station is scheduled for 09:30. While VIA Rail will do everything to minimise any potential delays, local rail traffic conditions may result in service disruptions and delays. (Full Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Royal York, Toronto
|Day 16||Toronto||Toronto and Niagara Falls Up Close.: Spend the morning exploring this cosmopolitan city. In the afternoon, travel to Niagara Falls and board a cruise to the base of the mighty cascades for close views of one of the world's great natural wonders. (Full Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Royal York, Toronto
|Day 17||Depart Toronto||Depart Toronto.: Your Canadian journey comes to an end as you are transferred to Toronto Pearson International Airport for your onward travels. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Thu 28 Jun and Sun 01 Jul departures feature the Calgary Stampede (AC5V) and include two additional nights at the Westin Calgary with entry to the Calgary Stampede. Choose to upgrade to the VIA Rail Prestige Class: Twin $1395 (Apr-May '18), $1150 (Jun-Oct '18), subject to availability. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible! 26 May, 16 June, 23 June and 7 Jul 2018: These departures instead of 1 night 'Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise' & 2 nights 'Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel', will now stay 3 nights at 'Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel'.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class